WinZip brings the convenience of Windows to the use of ZIP files and other archive and compression formats. The optional wizard interface makes unzipping easier than ever. WinZip features built-in support CAB files and for popular Internet file formats such as TAR, gzip, UUencode, BinHex, and MIME. ARJ, LZH, and ARC files are supported via external programs. WinZip interfaces with most virus scanners.
WinZip is available as Standard or Pro. WinZip offers powerful new compression technology that creates even smaller Zip files. And the new Explorer-style view makes working with complex, multi-folder Zip files a snap. WinZip Pro includes the WinZip Job Wizard, a powerful tool that offers predefined data backup jobs, the ability to customize and schedule
zipping tasks, and FTP-upload functionality. And with WinZip Pro, you can zip and burn directly on CDs/DVDs!
WinZip 11.0 includes features that build on the solid foundation established with WinZip 10.0.
We applied user feedback to help improve the Job Wizard, and added a number of compression and usability enhancements, as well as the ability to open .BZ2 and .RAR files.
A few of WinZip's many other features:
* Zip, unzip, and one-click Zip and E-mail directly from Windows Explorer or My Computer.
* Automatically install software,
desktop themes, and screen savers contained in Zip files.
* Quickly find your Zip files with Favorite Zip Folders.
* Instantly access recently used Zip files and other WinZip features from the Windows taskbar tray icon.
* Take full advantage of Windows XP features including fast user switching and XP themes.
* Decode most popular Internet file formats, including MIME, UUEncode, XXEncode, TAR, BinHex, and many others.
* Split Zip files into smaller parts to overcome e-mail size constraints.